We're doing it! Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays you can usually find us open for lunch from 11:30-2:00 in the Vashon IGA Market parking lot. Check the Where? page for the most up to date location and schedule info, and the Menu page for the current menu.
It's fun driving the big truck on the Vashon Highway. Some people wave. Some look right through us. The push-button horn on the food truck makes a clown-car sound... wave and you may just hear it!
• Overloading the generator and not knowing how to flip the generator's breaker. It's easy now that the little tiny switch has been pointed out!
• Getting boxed into our parking place at night in a completely dark parking lot. Thank goodness for great headlights, reverse lights and a big flashlight!
• Forgetting to lock the refrigerator door in the food truck.... just kidding, it's never come open when going around a corner! But we do have to pack the fridge carefully for the daily drives, and lock it in case it did try to open on the road!
• When calling a staff member to coordinate driving and parking at a large catered wedding and she says "that's next week, right?" and it's that same day. It's ok! Someone else took her place, and it all worked out fine.
• When a staff member doesn't arrive, the boss lady sends a terse text "where are you? Not sure this is working between you and me." And then she shows up only to show the dumb boss lady that she really was scheduled to start later. Sometimes hard work and changing schedules makes for goofy details!